MONTHLY NEWS & EVENTS
October Activities Keep Members Busy
As the weather cools, golf may slow down for a time. However, Hidden Trails is making sure to continue offering activities for our members to attend and enjoy. Here are a few of the highlights coming up this month:
October 6th - 11:00 a.m. Gather around the big screen TVs in the grill as we cheer on the OU Sooners against their longtime rivals, the Texas Longhorns. We will be serving $8 burger baskets and $1 draws. Avoid the crowded sports bars, and come be with your friends here instead.
October 7th - 1:00 p.m. Wade and the golf staff have put a lot of thought and creativity into what will likely become a great tradition here at Hidden Trails. Support the upcoming Vegas trip while enjoying a taste of Vegas here at home. The day’s golfing will feature ongoing games with a casino flair, with lots of opportunities for members to win. Check with the Pro Shop to sign up and check out the details.
October 11th - 4:00 p.m. The South OKC Chamber of
Commerce is holding its annual trade show right here in our Grand Ballroom. There will be prizes, giveaways and opportunities to meet local vendors with great products and services. If you are a business owner looking for additional exposure, call Liz Cromwell (405-634-1436) to reserve your own booth. General admission is free.
October 13th - 11:00-3:00 p.m. Bentley Hedges Travel will be hosting their annual free travel show in the Ballroom. Come for prizes, giveaways, and information on how you can plan the vacation of a lifetime.
October 18th - 6:00 p.m. Wine & Palette This particular event is for the ladies. Try your hand at painting a take-home masterpiece, all while enjoying a glass (or bottle) of wine with your girlfriends. This is a great event to bring a friend out! Call the office to save your seat at the easel.
October 26th - 6:30 p.m. Mixed Madness Tennis Tournament and Social. This is the Tennis version of our popular member/guest action. $25 per person. Come for Food, Fun, and Prizes!
· This Fall is a great time to bring some of the fun indoors to the tennis facility. We now offer both tennis and pickleball, a sport that is quickly gaining popularity in OKC. We have a racquet-based event almost every day - all ages and skill levels. Don’t have the right gear? Don’t worry. Nate has a great selection at great prices, along with his professional guidance in making the right selection.
· Our weekly Sunday Brunch now features home-made desserts made by Kaysi Edmonds, a talented local baker. After a taste of her delicious treats, you may start saving your seconds for the dessert table!
CHRISTMAS BONUS: With Christmas rapidly approaching, we wanted to advise our members that we will be collecting for the staff Christmas bonus next month. This $45 charge will be added to November statements. Thank you for blessing our food, service, and golf staffers in this special way!
WEDDING BELLS ARE RINGING
Many of you have attended personal or professional events here at Hidden Trails. We are always happy to host festivities, particularly weddings. In an effort to bring in more brides and couples, we will soon be offering standardized wedding packages. These packages will meet the needs of busy brides who simply don’t have time to pull all the pieces together for their big day. Among the offerings we will feature are prime menu items, decorations, hand-crafted cakes, limo service, free golf for the wedding party, and our traditional “Wedding on the Tee Box” on the first tee. It’s a great way to start out life together! If you know of brides and grooms looking for a place to host their dream wedding, encourage them to check out Hidden Trails. It may be their ideal spot may be “hidden” in plain sight. Judy, Linda or Chris would all be happy to show them around and help schedule their day.
Changes in the Bar
If you haven’t been following the legislative changes closely, we wanted to make you aware of a few “tweaks” to our offerings in the Bar area.
· 3.2% beer will no longer be sold in Oklahoma. The legislation has called for 6-point beer only.
· Instead of six-packs to go, our bartenders are now legally required to provide only 2 beers per person. These must be opened by the bartender in the bar area.
· To aid our members and prevent having to carry change, several of our most popular alcohol offerings will now be tax-inclusive. This will allow golfers to come in, grab a cold drink and not hassle with a pocketful of coins.
· Some of our alcohol/beer prices will go up slightly due to taxes.
· No outside alcohol is allowed on the premises.
We appreciate your patience with these changes, and look forward to serving you even better this Fall!
For the safety of our members and guests,
please park only in designated spaces.
Every Sunday | 11:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Join us for Sunday Brunch, open to the public by member invitation.
Members, please invite your friends and family to experience a delicious brunch
and a relaxing Sunday morning. Members do not have to be present.
October 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
Our availability is filling up fast for Christmas party reservations. Now featuring convenient menu packages and homemade dessert selections, it’s the perfect time to book your holiday party here at the Club. If your family or business would like to enjoy a luxurious celebration here with us, please contact Linda Warford in the Business Office. It will be our pleasure to contribute to your seasonal festivities!
Itching to go somewhere new? Hidden Trails is proud to host the 3rd Annual Cruise and Tour Show by Bentley Hedges. Admission is free to this fun event. Come enjoy food, prizes and giveaways while learning about the many places the Travel Leaders can take you. Their specialty is cruises, and they newly offer Disney destinations, as well as locations in the South Pacific. Some of the vendors that will be present include Carnival Cruise Lines, FunJet Vacations, and Norwegian Cruise Lines.
October 13, 2018
11:00a.m.-3:00p.m. in Grand Ballroom
A golfer was having a terrible round – 20-over par for the front nine with scores of balls lost in water or rough. When his caddie then coughed as he steadied himself over a 12-inch putt on the 10th, he lost it.
“You’ve got to be the worst caddie in the world!” he yelled.
“I doubt it,” replied the caddie, dead-pan. “That would be too much of a coincidence.”
Hidden Trails Events This Month:
· Saturday, October 6th: OU/Texas Watch Party in the Grill
· Sunday, October 7th: Vegas Run Member Golf Tournament
· Thursday, October 11th: South OKC Trade Show in the Grand Ballroom (FREE!)
· Thursday, October 18th: Wine & Palette Event for Ladies’ Night Out
· October 27-28th: Tier One Cup (must qualify)
Have something you'd like to share in the next edition of Trails Mix? A short story, reflection, or a photo of a Hidden Trails activity? Share it with us at chris@hiddentrailsOKC.com